Friday, July 22, 2011

It's as if these shoes were made with me in mind.






I am just so ridiculously giddy right now -- both over the shoes and the adorable faux cat ad in the box. How freaking adorable is that! I insist you click on the image to enlarge it, so that you may be able to read the hilarious little blurbs. I'm going to cut it out and find a place for it on a wall in this room.

Trying them on, I was about as tall as Kathryn -- and she's 5'6"! (Yeah, that's a big deal to me.) I know exactly what I want to wear these with, but it's a pretty fitted black dress, and I've been feeling loathing toward my stomach lately. (I've brought it upon myself, I'm sure. I've been eating s'mores religiously lately. I think it's a summer thing.) That, and I'm not sure where I'd go to justify what I'd be wearing, so give me a bit to figure out when to wear them -- though I may just crack and wear them with something else. Gah, I can't decide!

In the meantime, I'm just going to curl up in bed, clutch these to my chest, and watch some Mythbusters to pass the time before I have to go to work. ♥

6 comments:

  1. Wow, here they are! And when a kitty looks this impressed, you can be sure of success! I really like the box, actually, I think I might be impressed too.

    As for the dress, I can't imagine you having any misgivings about your figure! I had actually thought you to be around 5'7 anyway. I think i need your lens, haha, because mine has a habit of distorting the hell out of me in photos. I either get a massive head or wide parts that I shouldnt care to mention. Optics are cruel;)
    My stomach has a tendency to bloat and stick out, and because i am otherwise a bit scrawny, it looks really odd. We have to kick this shit into touch!

    Now wear those things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your new heels! they're perfect. do you remember their price?

    BTW, I’m your big fan – your style is really original and I read your blog very often and I just wonder..if we could follow each other.. But even if your answer is “no” I’ll be still your reader ♥

    xoxo

    chocarome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Louise; Jasmine definitely looked approving -- though that may have been due to letting her play in the box they were shipped in!

    Haha, someone on Chictopia told me once that she thought I was 'at least 5'6"' so it's nice knowing that despite my height, I'm well proportioned. :) I think most cameras are a bit fussy inherently; I've noticed that I look slightly different in the mirror in comparison to photos.

    Same here, though I've been really slacking off on doing much in the means of exercise...though retrying the dress on, it looked better, which I expected, as I was a little bloaty when I initially tried it on. However, I rather need to hit Victoria Secret for some of those 'seamless' panties, because this dress makes it blarringly obvious that I'm wearing underwear. :\

    @Pralinka; Thank you so much! It really means a lot. :) I just opened your blog in another tab and am about to read up. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are BEAUTIFUL! Too beautiful for words! The pattern on them is so unique. I am sure you will get LOADS of compliments on them. Oh, how I wish I was the proud owner of Jeffrey Campbell shoes. Someday... :) Oh, and your cat is seriously adorable.

    xoxo
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Em; Gah, I can't wait to be able to wear them out somewhere. I keep reading people on Lookbook's forums saying how they doubt people actually wear JCs out in public because 'they never see anyone in them' and I'm so ready to change that!

    I bet you could get yourself a pair! I'd say just set your heart on a certain design and hit every single store that comes up on google when you type in that certain type. :) Honestly, I found a few websites where Litas were around $100 or a little more, and then there's always eBay. I've learned to periodically do a search for 'that one thing I'm wanting' there if I can't find it, because eventually, it turns up. I honestly never thought I'd own a pair anytime soon, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, lucky you.. They're amazing in this fabric.

    ReplyDelete